December 6, 2010

The movie that is playing nonstop in our home

Amazing to think that six months ago (and almost twelve months into wedding planning) we had no intention of having a videographer. As we play and replay the video, finding new details and new moments and new faces with each click, it's bewildering to me that we had no desire to have a record of our wedding and the events surrounding it on film. We assured ourselves that the photos would be enough. "The photos will be enough." It was practically our motto. "Photos will be enough."

Clearly the photos weren't enough.

We're so thankful that we came to our senses, and we're so fortunate that Picotte Weddings was there to document the experience -- so that we and our doting parents are able to sit and click and watch ourselves do it all over again. And over again. And over again. And over again.

It's like nothing we ever could have imagined.


Joanna + Brian . Brooklyn, NY from Picotte Weddings on Vimeo.


Please check out the full post and a selection of gorgeous photographs on the Picotte Weddings blog @ photo + cinema . a brooklyn, ny wedding in dumbo.

9 comments:

  1. Solid video. I've always thought wedding videos were a waste, but that's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg JUST sat down to finally watch this and it's AMAZE! hope you kissed your videographer. totally gorgeous, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - LOVE LOVE LOVE! I LOVE this so much! You always make me cry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! i love 2E's dance with her dad! did they choreograph it themselves??

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I could make you all cry. That was my intention all along.

    And as a matter of fact -- they did not choreograph it themselves. But I won't say much. 2E's will be guest blogging about the experience sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I ended up on your blog, but I really love your wedding video, especially mixed to the music. It makes me miss NY... a lot. Well I hope you continue to blog, even though you're a married groom, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the encouragement, Mark! No clue how you arrived here either, but I'm glad you did. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete