October 3, 2009

Opi-Now and Smile Groom

Wedding experts tell us that there are "3 grooms" based on their participation in the planning process: the Opinionated Groom, who wants some creative input at all points in the process; the Now and Then Groom, who wants to make a couple decisions here and there based on his priorities; and the Nod and Smile Groom, who couldn't choose between beef or chicken if he wanted to.

I'd like to think that I'm a delicate combination of the three. The Opi-Now and Smile Groom.

Yes, it does roll off the tongue.

One week ago, erring on the Opi- side of things, I asked that 2E's allow me to take charge on a specific planning detail: our Save the Date design. She immediately cycled through a series of facial expressions that she swore I could not see ... faces that said oh god and god no and at least he didn't say color palette.

After about 5 minutes of that we came to a compromise - I'd take the week to whip something together, a first draft, so she can she what I had in mind. I'd like to see her try to be disappointed with this:



I think it encompasses us. And I think I know who's designing the invitation.

3 comments:

  1. This post made my boyfriend want to join the Opi-Now and Smile groom... on a distant, distant date. Not that he has commitment issues. Now he's angry. He's watching me type this. I NEED MY SPACE!!!

    Hilarious as always, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO. That my man is the best damn STD I have EVER seen...

    ReplyDelete